The role of the IT professional has changed post-Covid. With cyber security concerns at an all-time high, the one-person IT person can’t “go it alone” anymore. So, how can managed services help your IT person keep your business stable? Here are five benefits of having a Managed Service Provider (MSP) work closely with your IT professional:
1) Updating and patching are critical in today’s world to keep your network safe. Your Manage Service Provider can ensure all your patching is up to date. Taking this mundane task off your IT professional allows them to concentrate on the strategic technology issues of your organization.
2) An IT company has tools to monitor your infrastructure proactively. Now, you can be alerted to down servers. Instead of being reactive after an end-user informs of an issue, your IT professional can be proactive and have you up and running before a complaint.
3) One person can’t do it all. Even Michael Jordan was better with Scotty Pippen! Having a team behind your IT professional can bring you peace of mind. Depending on your situation, your MSP can take care of the basics or provide strategic leadership.
4) Speaking of basketball, your MSP can allow you to have a deep bench. So now, your in-house staff has a whole support team behind them. It is hard to be the desktop expert, the security awareness trainer, the network administrator, and the compliance officer. An MSP gives you access to individuals to support your team in each area.
5) Using an MSP provides you stability since the average millennial stays at a job for only 2.8 years. Your MSP can be a good backup during transitions, including vacation, sickness, and turnover.
Written By Jeff Morgart